Applicants declaring a minimum of 24 months driving experience within the preceding three years:
- To obtain recognition for more than 12 months driving experience, applicants are required to obtain written authentication of their foreign driving experience from the originating licensing agency, or from the Embassy, Consulate or High Commissioners' offices representing the jurisdiction. The authentication letter must be on official letterhead and be written in either English or French. It must be dated and cannot be more than 6 months old. If the Authentication Letter is in a language other than English or French, it must be accompanied by a Letter of Translation from a qualified translator.
- The ministry will recognize the applicant's foreign driving experience as certified on the authentication letter.
- Applicants have the option of attempting either the G2 or G exit road tests (mandatory wait times are waived) when a valid "Letter of Authentication" indicating a minimum of 24 months of foreign driving experience is submitted.
- If the applicant chooses to attempt the G2 road test and successfully completes it, the applicant will then be eligible to attempt the G road test.
- Upon successfully passing the G exit road test, applicants will be issued a G licence.
- If applicants do not provide a letter of authentication, applicants must pass the G2 road test and must fulfill the 12-month waiting period prior to taking G road test.